Articles by Regions
Subscribe to SDG
IISD's Knowledge Management
About the SDG Mailing List
- What is SDG?
- What is posted on SDG?
- How do I subscribe to SDG?
- How do I access postings to SDG?
- How do I post a message to SDG?
- How do I unsubscribe from SDG?
- Who should I contact if I require Technical Support?
SDG listserv is a community announcement list for policy makers and practitioners involved in international sustainable development, particularly those focused on follow up and implementation activities related to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. This free knowledge-sharing tool is managed and moderated by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) Reporting Services. SDG is a peer-to-peer service meant to advance understanding of sustainable development by allowing subscribers to post announcements related to activities with a strong focus on international sustainable development policy and/or practice. SDG SDG offers users a tool to better publicize and coordinate their efforts through virtual knowledge exchange.
Postings include international sustainable development policy news, announcements of workshops/conferences, job listings and information on new publications and online resources. Postings also include the Sustainable Development Update, a compilation of items recently posted to the Sustainable Development Policy & Practice knowledgebase, which was also developed by IISD.
The listserve is moderated by IISD, and only announcements that satisfy the following guidelines will be distributed to subscribers:
- All postings should be announcements appropriate for an international audience that have a connection to international sustainable development policy and/or practice: i.e. best practices in sustainable development, announcements or outcomes of sustainable-development-related meetings or sessions/side events, relevant job postings, publications and online resources;
- No press releases or postings that are commercial in nature, personal statements, news stories, polemic statements or postings intended to create discussion will be cleared for distribution to the list;
- Postings should include the internet address for large documents (URLs) rather than including attached files. If possible, do not send file attachments.If you must attach a file, small PDF files under 200 kb are always recommended. Any message larger than 500kb is rejected by our software.
To subscribe to the SDG listserve, enter your email address below.
It is recommended that you set a password when subscribing, to protect your settings and prevent others from posting on your behalf.
To do this, after subscribing,
- Go to your Membership Options at https://lists.iisd.ca/read/all_forums/
- In the upper right corner of the page click on ‘not logged in’
- Enter the e-mail address you have subscribed with in our lists
- Click on SDG
- Click on ‘my account’ in the left hand menu
- Choose ‘advanced’
- Enter the password and save the changes made
- Log out
To receive SDG postings in your email, subscribe to the SDG listserve as described above.
To read SDG postings online, and to access older posts, visit the SDG listserve Archive.
Any SDG subscriber can post to the list. Just send the message to SDG@lists.iisd.ca (in exactly the format that you would like it to be distributed to the list). If your message fits within the guidelines, the moderator will approve it for distribution to all the members of the list.
To unsubscribe from SDG, visit [Membership Options] at https://lists.iisd.ca/read/all_forums/. This link is available at the bottom of every message posted to SDG.
Log in with the e-mail address you have used to subscribe to SDG. Then:
- Click on ‘not logged in’ button in upper right corner of page
- Enter password (if you set one when you subscribed)
- Click on the ‘unsubscribe’ option next SDG.
Alternatively, each message includes an ‘unsubscribe’ option in the bottom footnote, which you can select.
If you have any difficulty unsubscribing, please contact IISD RS <iisd-rs at iisd dot org>.
If you require Technical Support, please contact IISD RS <iisd-rs at iisd dot org>.